Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Linked!!

to CTWeblogs. Welcome to my blog re: the local Eastern League Double A team the Connecticut Defenders nee the Norwich Navigators. The Navigators suffering low attendance recently change their name to:
a.) a name that makes local sense i.e. the Sub Base
b.) a name that hopefully sucks in a wider fan base
c.) a chance to new sell new caps, t-shirts, etc
d.) to create a new beginning

They have a new owner, GM and marketing director. Can they turn things around? Hope so. I go to about 30-35 games a year. I love it up there. I started a Navigators blog last year; see link at the right.
I'll be blogging on off-season marketing moves until the season starts April 6, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home