Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I have to give the New London Day props for..

getting Defender manager Dave Machemer to write a blog for them. He's posting from the Giants spring training camp in AZ. Will Hernandez from the Norwich Bulletin did the same thing last year from AZ. for a few days in his blog. Will kept his blog going season long as the Bulletin beat reporter for the team.
I'm surprised the Day is showing interest in the team again. It's coverage the last few years has been weak. So weak in fact I orginally didn't bother putting a link to them on this site. Sometimes all you got was a box score and other times just an AP story. The Day went all out in the early years of the team. They had a supplement called the "Gator Guide" and always had a promo or two during the year. The newspaper also had a skybox at Dodd--I was a guest up there once and I'm not too sure if they still have the box. The Day promo now usually is a free newspaper when you enter the park. I started reading the Bulletin on line because of the lousy coverage the Day was giving. The Bulletin has done a far better job covering the team the last few years and I liked Will's blog. So it's good for the team that it is getting some cyber-ink from a nice source and hopefully that translates into some ticket sales. I wonder if the Defenders will end up with a blogger on their site once the season starts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home