Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, March 10, 2006

Good news and bad news on the promo..




schedule today. Stopped by Dodd quickly today. As seen on the team website the gift shop, named Cutter's Corner, and scoreboard remodels are in full swing. Also took some pics of the new van fan. Went to the ticket office and asked if the pocket schedules now included the promotion schedule and they don't. I did get what I thought was the promo schedule for the season handled to me on two white pieces of paper but it turned out to be two page ones so I don't know about the back half of the season yet. For what I read, some observations: There is some new stuff--70's night, C&W night, Yankees rivalry Day, Mother's Day diamond giveaway and Cutter the mascot's birthday is May 30th. The only new sponsor I can see is Overhead Door. So I'm a little disappointed there are not more new sponsors but like I said I only have the first half of the season and not the summer months.
The good news is there will be five bobblehead giveaways; four of them Yankees who rehabed with the Navigators and one of Cutter. They had two bobblehead giveaways last season, one of Norwich native Benedict Arnold and one of ex-Gator Alfonso Soriano and I sold three of them for $15 each on eBay. So with five givaways this year; that could be $75 of the $144 I've laid out already.
The bad news is Markdown Monday ($5 general admission) is gone because the new company running the food concessions isn't down with it. Markdown Monday featured in addition to the lowered ticket price, $1 dollar hot dogs, drinks and pizza. Why the team can't just have the lowered ticket price as a promo isn't clear. That throws my preseason voucher purchase plan out of whack because I was counting on the $5 tickets on Monday. If I knew they were killing Markdown Monday that I would have bought another 6 pack of vouchers at $6 each. I now see myself running out of vouchers mid August. I hate buying full price. At least Big Y Sunday lives on at $4 a ticket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home