Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

DMac! DMac! DMac! DMac! Derin McMains' dramatic


three run homer in the bottom of the ninth wins it 5-4 for the Defenders over Reading! And as a fan all I can say is WOW! They snatched one from the jaws of defeat and aviod losing their fourth in a row. DMac was mobbed at home and the remaining 100 or so fans went nuts. McMains is a really likable guy and this team was overdue for a big hit. Manager Dave Machemer had shook up the normal lineup and had Derin leading off and that made the difference in the ninth as Justin Knoelder was hit by a pitch and an out later Aaron Sisk (got to start playing him regular) got an infield hit setting the stage for DMac's HR. Billy Salder pitches two effective innings in relief for the win. Starter Pat Misch went six innings and only giving up an unearned run. The Phillies broke out in the top of the 7th agianst Defender pitcher Jeff Peterson scorcing three runs. The Defenders got one back in the bottom of the frame with McMains knocking in Justin Knoelder, who had doubled with a single to make it a 4-2 game. McMains finshes with 4 RBIs on the night. Best of all the B-Mets lose and the first place lead is up to two games.
Misc Fan notes: A bunch tonight. First, the above picture of Derin skying is from the 2004 Navigator season. I had a bunch of other pictures of Derin that he graciously signed for me tonight before the game and I mentioned this picture I had given him that year and he replied he still had it. I always offer the players copies of the pictures I ask them to sign and it goes over well. After all I'm asking something from them, the least I can do is offer something in return. Derin got a couple of new pics from me tonight. Second, I went with a different cap tonight, a 2003 Navigators model as a streak buster instead of the 2004 model so I'll have to wear that one for hopefully a long time now. And lastly, miracle ticket #1 of the season to go with the miracle finish. As I was approaching the ticket window another fan gave me a spare ticket for free. This happens about 2-3 times a year for me; saves me a voucher. Must be my face. Another small crowd tonight and dizzle in the air.
DMac! DMac! DMac! DMac!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home