Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pat Misch shuts out the RockCats on three


hits over seven innings to run his record to 3-0 as the Defenders take the first game of a four game set over New Britain 3-1. My guy, Eliezer Alfonzo, knocks in 2 runs and Brian Buscher added an insurance goundout RBI to pace an eleven hit attack. Joe Bateman gave up an unearned run in the ninth but gets the save.
Misch has been pitching great, lowers his season ERA to under 1.00 in the victory.
Misc Fan notes: Seriously I've been to about 400 games in the 12 years up at Dodd and tonight's game had to be the most miserable, cold, wet May game I can remember. There was this fine dizzle most of the game, with the wind blowing it all over the place. I hid out in the gaezbo most of the game and still got soaked. There were maybe a couple hundred fans at best for the game. I left in the eighth. I wonder if they gave free ticket vouchers to the few people left who actually stuck it out to the end of the game. I remember the Yankee/Navigators doing that a few times. It's a class move.
Liked what I saw out of the new centerfielder Alex Requena; a couple of hits and runs scored, stolen base and seems like he can cover some ground out there. Barry Gunter was sent back to Augusta without getting into a game and A.J. was put in the inactive list--I don't know the deal there.
Anyway, got my first foul ball of the season. Totally no kids around so it was mine to keep. Barely had to move for it. Also first freebie t-shirt of the year on the Oxford Health Plan t-shirt toss deal. The guy who threw it to me told me after he reads the blog everyday. Thanks!! Didn't know anyone really knew me up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home