Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, July 28, 2006

Rain out post.......


quick moving thunderstorms knocked out power and gave the area a good soaking causing tonight's game to be washed out. Too bad, as it would have been a big gate with Friday fireworks on tap. They will make up the game as part of a doubleheader in August when the Curve comes back in.
The Defenders managed to intrude into my daily life a couple of times this past week. First time I was picking up grinders at Friendly Pizza and spotted a pocket schedule display on the counter that had never been there before. And as a former skedder (pocket schedule collector) I saw the front panel was different from the current version as well as the back panel when I picked it up. This pocket sked's front panel is the same as the yearbook cover and the sponsor on the back panel is Foxwoods. Then when I was paying I saw there was a big stack of ticket vouchers by the register. I asked about it and recieved two vouchers for Sunday's game which is Montville Day at Dodd. I'm working of course but passed them on to a friend.
Second time was today as I was paying taxes at Town Hall and the place was filled with posters about Montville Day at Dodd and directing people downstairs to the Park & Rec Dept. Hopefully some hard working taxpayers (there were plenty of folks in line) have picked up some vouchers.
Silly season in MLBB as the trade deadline approaches. Travis Ishikawa's name is being tossed around in cyberspace so we'll see what happens with the Giants over the next few days.
I'm done with home games until August 11 when Erie comes into town for their only visit of the season; got to work Sat. and Sunday and the team goes on another long road trip. I'll should have a new twist to the blog when I post the August 11 game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home