Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What can you say....Defenders lose franchise

record 10th game in a row. Garrett Broshuis gave up three runs in the first two innings but the fellow blogger settled down nicely after that pitching five shutout innings after that. He finshed with five ks and had two pick offs. Scott Munter gave up three runs, two earned in a inning of work and Billy Sadler closed out with a 1-2-3 ninth.
The Defs punched out 11 hits but could manage only a bases loaded walk to Brain Buscher for their only scoring. Brian Horwitz had three hits and Jake Wald and Dan Ortmeirer had two hits each.
Misc fan notes. Worn my Defenders t-shirt ( something noted quickly by Defs GM Jim B. as I was leaving) up there tonite but it wasn't the streak breaker I had hoped. I'll be wearing my Defs cap Thursday for the first time.
Took a bunch of pics as well tonight with Orty being back, newcomer Todd Jennings and I was looking for a better shot of Quincy Foster.
About 1500 or so tonight, should be rocking tommorow mornig with about 4500 kids and Sub base students on hand.
Jon Artimage was sent to San Jose. Good Luck Jon!
Dan Ortmeier had the dirtest cap ever in Navigator history between the sweat, stick 'em and batting tar that found it's way onto the cap (I'm looking for a pic when I get a chance) and already seems to be on his way with his Defenders cap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home