Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Defenders win 5-4 over FisherCats tonight........

Brian Horwitz's RBI single in the ninth broke a 4-4 tie. Brian Anderson gets his first EL save for Jeff Petersen. Anderson blew a save situation last night. EME hit a three run HR in the first after taking the collar in 6 ABs last night and also had an outfield assist. And D-Mac goes 1 for 4 with the other RBI after an 0 for 5 yesterday. So atonement all the way around.

YON update: After taking last night off Nate is 1 for 1 with a RBI single after 2.5 inning this evening. Go Nate!

6 Comments:

Blogger David E said...

Hi Greg, I posted this over at McCovey Chron, and "Nearest Norwich" suggested I contact you. I've got a couple questions about attending at game in CT.

I'll be out in the east coast late May/early June. I'll be in NYC for all three Giants v. Mets games (if my wife and 10-month-old daughter allow it), but I also checked and saw the Defenders are home during the dates I'll be in Danbury visiting relatives. I know it's a bit of a drive, but hey, it's the Giants. It's the minor leagues. I'm there. (Hopefully for more than one game, too.)

Questions:

1. Is it easy to buy tickets the day of the game? (Even Sundays? I'm looking at May 27 in particular.)
2. Not having been to Dodd before, what's the best place to sit?

Any advice you can give would be extremely appreciated.

3:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

greg,

how deep was eme playing...and does his arm really look that much stronger?

4:15 AM

 
Blogger lance aka lc said...

does anyone know why minicozzi is listed as inactive?

12:10 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

David,

tickets are always avaiable so no problem there.
sit on the first base side as the sun can really beat down on the third base side especially with your little one.
keep me posted; like to met you.

greg

5:02 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

baccis,

Don't know where EME was (road game in NH). I picked the stat out of the box score but believe me last year he looked semi lost out there so i'm pretty happy to see the OF assist.

5:04 PM

 
Blogger David E said...

Thanks, Greg. Look forward to meeting up and talking baseball.
I'll be at the game on the 27th, sitting on the 1st base side. Will give you a heads up closer to the date on how to find me.

11:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home