Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thunder beat Defs again 2-1 tonight in Trenton...

for their sixth straight victory over Connecticut this season. Defenders mustered only six hits; two each from EME and Simon Klink (double, run scored). Geno Espineli gave up both Thunder runs and takes the loss in relief of Ben Cox. Ryan Sadowski allowed both Espineli's runners to score in the bottom of the sixth.

TI returns to the lineup going 0-4 with two Ks and is now batting .121. The Trey Webb first hit watch continues.

Defs return home Friday with a iffy weather forecast the next few days.

6 Comments:

Blogger lance aka lc said...

this blows. We need a WIN! At least I'm scoring some good autographs down here in Myrtle Beach.

11:08 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

Bet the weather is a lot nicer too!

11:16 PM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

UHHH....a discrepancy. According to the game log, Requena pinch ran for EME and TI GIDP. Either way, nice night for TI!

5:04 AM

 
Blogger lance aka lc said...

The weather has been good Greg. I caught 4 Salem/Myrtle Beach games, got every players autograph, and two nice pictures with two top prospects and then got them signed. Got a few batting practice home run balls and a game foul ball. I won a bobble head in the radar gun toss (my heater is down to 63 mph, it must have been broken, although I did beat the kids 15-20 years younger). Some dude gave me a tee shirt from the tee shirt toss also. Tonight I see Lynchburg (Pirates) then head home. Altoona on Tues in CT, then Indianapolis Pawtucket wed and thurs. Three Pitt. clubs in a week, pretty wild. After that I'll settle in for a while with the defenders and a few NB games slipped in. We'll have to touch base at a game. I also have an extra ticket or two from games I missed that you can have to trade in, I have a bunch.

7:34 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

Thanks "hondo"...that's what I get for typing these things up so late.

Lc.....sounds good. What a great road trip for you. thanks!

10:29 AM

 
Blogger allfrank said...

I saw Ben Cox last year when he was pitching in relief for SJ. I thought he was pretty impressive (throws hard, kind of intimidating on the mound) although he didn't get fantastic results. I am curious as to why they made him a starter this year. Ideas?
And do you think S Klink is any sort of prospect?

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home