Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Thursday, May 24, 2007

B-Mets complete the sweep and beat Defs 9-6...

in New York. It was the fifth loss in a row for Connecticut. Darren Sack took one for the team pitching-wise giving up all 9 Met runs in 4.1 IP on 11 hits.
The Defs offense picked up sum. Eugenio Valez went 3 for 5 with 2 runs scored. Carlos Soas continues his hot hitting alos going 3 for 5 with a double and 3 RBIs. EME goes 2 for 4 and is now batting .256.

Simon Klink and Travis Ishikawa (second game in a row) didn't play.

Misc fan notes: Looks like great weather for Friday Fireworks so that should mean a big crowd. Defs took out a half page ad in the New London Day for the Memorial Day weekend games.
I'll be there Friday and looking forward to taking some pics of Valez but then work kicks in again. However June is looking real good attendance wise for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

OK, I'm completely stumped. If the Defs are putting on a full court press for this weekend and are advertising in the Day, why aren't they doing the same thing in the Bulletin? I don't get either paper, so my only access to them is cyberspace. Perhaps they susequently did advertise?

And speaking of the Bulletin, did they ever publish anything about the financial struggles regarding Dodd? I never found an article on the WEB.

Am I missing articles/info, etc. or has the Bulletin, the Defs hometown paper, begun to reduce its coverage of the team?

I probably should have posted this on Joe's blog, but what the heck .

9:06 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

I'm in the same boat; I only read the Bulletin on-line. I might swing by the library later and check it out in some back issues.

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home