Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Monday, May 28, 2007

Thunder win again 7-6 to take four of five.

The Defs were lead by John Bowker going 2 for 4 with a pair of RBIs, Carlos Sosa 2 for 5, DH Steve Holm 3 for 4 and Mark Minicozzi's 2 for 4. Nick Pereirara takes the loss. I'll be at the Dodd Wednesday and Thursday night. Retail ______.

1 Comments:

Blogger lance aka lc said...

This is a bit of a long rant but I'm offline when I stay at the shore so a few things have been on my mind.

I see Velez had a costly error today. That being said, I think his presence is huge for the Defenders. I looked him up and it seems he came over from the Blue Jays in the AA portion of the rule 5 draft a few years ago. I don't know where baseball america comes up with some of their crap but Eugenio isn't even listed as the fastest baserunner in the system, some kid named McBryde is, and his numbers don't even come close to those of Velez. Players like him and another favorite speedster of mine, Nyjer Morgan (out injured from AAA), usually make a day in the stands a day well spent.

I see we are in the Eastern League toilet in attendance. While I like the stadium being empty sometimes for selfish reasons (to get a good seat and to try to snag a foul), I think it is inexcusable that we don't get more people to the park. NB packs them in (and CT has better ticket offers), why the hell can't we? I could easily go to NB, I would save about 100 miles a week, but I like the Defenders better because of the players and Machemer, but if it keeps up NB may be the only game in town pretty soon if this keeps up.

When Klink is better the short and third base positions are going to get a bit crowded. Trey Webb is going to be the odd man out. Granted he isn't hitting well but it sucks that a kid has to ride pine on a daily basis.

11:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home