Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Are you kidding!? Defenders 15 SeaDogs 0 in

Game 2 as the Defs complete the sweep. A five home run attack with one each from John Bowker (17), TVS (7) his second on the day, Simon Klink (5) his second on the day, Pat Dobson (3) and Randy Riuz's first as a Defender.
Bowker goes 4 for 5, misses the cycle by a double and drives in five runs. Dobson, Klink and TVS all knock in two runs each.
Probably the biggest margin of victory in franchise history and when was the last time they hit 5 out in one game
A bullpen effort as Ryan Sadowski, Justin Hendrick and Joe Bateman combine on a three hit shut out with Bateman getting the win.
SWEET!

2 Comments:

Blogger mdeep04 said...

Last night when I went to go read the score, I tried to scream, but I did it so hard, nothing came out. LOL I think I was just excited as the team was. LOL

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I have a question if you don't mind...I am a Fisher Cats season ticket holder and a friend of mine went up to see the POR/CT doubleheader Saturday in Portland and swears this happened....with the score 15-0, someone on the Defenders hit a ball over the Maine Monster in left but it was ruled a ground rule double. I checked all the box scores and game accounts and even the Sea Dogs ground rules and cannot find anything about it. Did anyone see/hear about this? thx, brian

9:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home