Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, August 24, 2007

Defs drop first game of DH 6-4; Lead Game 2 4-0 in NB.

Defs wrap out 12 hits in game 1 but hit into 3 DPs and have two runners thrown out on OF assists; one at home naturally. Pat Dodson goes 3 for 3 and Randy Ruiz and Jake have a couple of hits each. GB gives up all 6 RockCats runs in the first helped out with his own error and falls to 2 up and 17 down.
In game two, Ruiz has gone deep with a two run homer as the Defs lead 4-0 after 3.5 innings. Ryan Sadowski takes the start out of the bullpen.

3 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

After last night, I'm starting to waver in my support of Dodd. But first, it was nice to be at a game where there was a crowd that made some noise because of what was happening on the field, not because of some between innings stuff.

Neither game was particularly suspenseful regarding the outcome, but there was a lot of exciting stuff happening on the field. Plenty of hard hit balls, tough fielding plays, etc.

This, in a roundabout way, gets me back to Dodd. One of the Defs recently was quoted saying he like to hit at NB becuase of the background. Now I'm wondering if the background at Dodd may be as big a problem to hitting as the mythical wind currents are to the power hitter. Every time I go to NB, the game takes on an excitement that I rarely see at Dodd and the "O" has a lot to do with it.

As I said, I'm wavering, but as of now remain supportive of Dodd. But methinks that next year I'll be making a few more trips to NB. Other then some "fanny fatigue" I had no complaints about the stadium. Prices and parking are issues for another post.

12:37 PM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Well typical of the Giants, another mind boggling move with a little over a week in the season to go. I'm not surprised to see Matt Palmer back in AA, but what in God's name did Dave McKae do to earn a promotion to Fresno?

11:08 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

Well...you called it. The giants always do something stange in the last couple of weeks in the minors. I guess that 2 hitter came at a good time.

12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home