Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Saturday, August 11, 2007

SeaWolves nip Defs 10-9 in another homer feast...

as Erie hit 5 dingers to Connecticut's 2 tonight. Dave McKae in his second start against Erie gets lit up but Kelvin Pichardo ends up with the loss in relief.
Velez, Bowker and Webb get three hits each and Klink and TVS go deep.

4 Comments:

Blogger lance aka lc said...

McKae's ERA has taken a severe beating as of late. Klink is on a nice homer streak. I noticed that Trey is hitting .136 with runners in scoring position. hopefully he'll string together a good full season next year. Tyler has 11 homers in 38 games, not bad.

Hinshaw better get his arm issue resolved, I figured he would have made the show in Sept.

Steve Pearce (PIT) has been lighting up AAA....the kid has 29 homers combined this year.

11:32 PM

 
Blogger lance aka lc said...

Doesn't look good for Defenders baseball after next season (See Norwich Bulletin). Lot of excuses why attendance is crappy.

5:23 AM

 
Blogger lance aka lc said...

Correction........ based upon the article this may be the last season.

5:31 AM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

I'm betting they'll be here next year, but this really has me ticked off for many reasons. I'll not try to elaborate now because my prose would be laced with expletive deletives. I'll only say I'm not sure who shoulders the heaviest responsibility, but take your pick from the carpetbagger (DiBella), the Giants, or the media.

As far as a NY/Penn league team...I'll see everyone in New Britain. I'd rather watch Little League then short season A ball.

6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home