Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, April 18, 2008

I wish the Defs website would provide roster

updates. Daryl Maday's pitching debut in last night's game was duly noted in the Defs web recap but Trey Webb going on extend spring training and the reason for it wasn't. Maybe it's my computer but when I click on the roster button I get sent elsewhere else. Is this just me?
I see also that the website doesn't have Brooks McNiven starting tonight's game. What's up there?

6 Comments:

Blogger lance aka lc said...

I get directed to the roster properly. milb in the league transaction section has Brooks sent to extended spring, no mention of Webb. Phils site lists Brooks as the starter.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Tom Clifton said...

We have been dealing with the same sort of problems in San Jose. The roster on the official site is rarely up to date. The MiLB roster is a little better, but not much.

MiLB's transaction page shows folks moving back and forth so much that I can't keep track.

I think the best description of Minor League transactions is "fluid".

3:12 PM

 
Blogger jb said...

A burning question I have been meaning to ask....what the heck is "the" Dodd?

3:24 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

jb--the new radio guys are referring to Dodd as "the Dodd." Totally makes no sense whatsoever and I hate it.

3:47 PM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Yesterday, Martinez was no where to be found on the Def roster and he started the game. Looks like they are doing the same thing with McNiven today. I sure don't understand it.

3:59 PM

 
Blogger lance aka lc said...

Somebody made reference to "The Dodd" on this very blog. The kid problably picked up on it, I wouldn't beat him up to much over it. I kind of like it, it makes it sound like a happening place. Fake it 'til you make it Dodd!

7:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home