Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thanks Michelle for the TVS update:


From today's York Daily Record:

"LAKELAND, Fla. -- It didn't take long for Tyler Von Schell to feel at home with his new team. A mid-game replacement in York's 4-2 exhibition loss to Long Island on Sunday, Von Schell singled in his first at-bat in the sixth inning.

Von Schell, 28, came highly recommended from the Giants organization. One of Von Schell's former managers told Revolution Director of Baseball Operations Adam Gladstone that Von Schell could perform at a high level in the Atlantic League.

Expected to be one of the power bats in the middle of York's lineup, Von Schell decided against playing this season --- and informed Gladstone. Then he had second thoughts.

"I wanted to be here. I always want to play baseball," Von Schell said, "but I had personal matters I had to take care of before I left home."

It's been a difficult time for Von Schell. The Giants, with whom he spent his entire minor league career, released him during the final two weeks of spring training. Von Schell pondered retiring.

Trying to get back into a groove, Von Schell knew he had to join the Revolution as soon as he could.

"It's hard, because I've spent the last month off sitting on a couch at home," he said."

ANSWER IS "C" 9,430 calories

1 Comments:

Blogger mdeep04 said...

I'm happy now. I think too happy, because I'm getting a chain link of high's and I'm gunna fall soon. Our production of Beauty and the Beast being the best production in eastern CT yet from a high school, my senior year ending, and him still playing. jeezus... oh and lack of sleep. bleh.

6:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home