Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Monday, June 30, 2008

Last day of June....


as the "home" season begins to slowly wind down already thanks to a front loaded "first half" schedule a couple of things:

1.) If you told me that EME would be leading the team in hits (69) at this point in the season, well......
2.) If you told me Ronnie Ray would have the most pitching appearances (26, tied with Matos) at this point of the season, well...
3.) And if you told me Simon Klink would have only one homer at this point of the season..

A tip of the hat to Ray while we're at it: a 1.10 ERA in in last ten games covering 16 plus innings pitched.

And speaking about that schedule my record in the 27 games I've seen so far is 10 up and 17 down. I should at least hit the 40 game mark this season; saw 47 games in both 2006 & 2007. Got to work tonight and Wednesday night so I'll get the DH Tuesday and Thursday's game.

1 Comments:

Blogger manipaha22 said...

It seems as though Ronnie Ray has started to show some good promise.....let's hope it keeps on in the 2nd half........

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home