Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Defs win a laughter 9-0 over the B-Mets...

at Dodd tonight. In the first inning Connecticut took a 2-0 lead on RBI singles by AR and EME. The score remained that way until the 6th when the Defenders put up a six spot to blow the game open. The big hits were a 2 run double by Jake Wald and a bases loaded triple by Kyles Haines. Pablo Sandoval (he's fun to watch play) singled in Haines for the final run of the inning. Moises Alou dove for Pablo's single and you feel breaths being held all over Mets nation until he got back up off the ground in one piece.
Ryan Rohlinger hit his second CT homer in the seventh, (both of them at Dodd), to close out the scoring at 9-0.
Adam Cowart improves his record to 7-6 allowing all five B-Mets hits. Ronnie Ray pitched one inning and Josh Sharpless threw the final two innings to preserve the shutout.

Misc fan notes: Where the heck is everyone???? Looking forward to Thursday's 10:35 AM start.
I know I've written this someplace already but the turkey/bacon panni sandwich upstairs in Lou's Lounge is darn good. Combine that with your favorite oat soda like I did tonight and it's a feast. Check it out sometime; it's a treat. Nice job by the new cook up there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle28 said...

Where was this batting power the past few years??? I want to see if this actually keeps up if they go against a team like trenton.

Panni's in Lous!?!? Yehaw, looks like I'm upgrading next time I go!! or I'll go with one of my season ticket holder friends. Sweet. Do they have a new menu up there? I haven't been up there since the 3rd game of the season.

11:01 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

same menu and you don't have to upgrade. Just say you're going up just to eat.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home