Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Sunday, July 13, 2008

RIP Bobby Murcer....He was one of my favorite

Yankees in those dark days of the late 60's and early 70's. I thought everytime he came up he'd hit a homer over the short right field porch watching those games on WPIX channel 11. I think it was 296 feet down the right field lineback then. I remember those four homers in four straight ABs covering both games of a DH I was listening to that on the radio. I hated when he was traded for Bobby Bonds. I remember being happy getting him back. I remember watching that ABC game (Howard in the booth) when the Yanks played the O's after Thurman's funeral and Bobby drove in all five runs in a 5-4 Yankee victory like it was yesteday.

2 Comments:

Blogger lance aka lc said...

Damn- I thought he had a shot.

6:49 AM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Yankee broadcasts will be lacking as will Old Timers Day. He was always a favorite of mine. I too thought he had a chance.

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home