Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, July 25, 2008

Where did all the hitting go? Defs lose 2-1 to




the RockCats at home tonight in front of a pretty festive crowd of 6000+. The Defs scratched across a run on a pair of walks and Simon Klink's RBI single in the second for a 1-0 lead. Dave McKae (6-5) was flirting with diaster thru the first 4 innings putting the lead runner on in each inning. Twice the RockCats scored in those innings and that was it for the scoring. McKae went 7 innings allowing both runs, one unearned and giving up 8 hits.
Kyle Haines had the other two hits for the Defenders. Connecticut had a chance in the ninth of a pair of walks and a passed ball but couldn't get the big hit.

Misc fan notes: HR deby was fun to watch as a couple of guys hit "real" homers including a shot off the Dunkin Donut sign in left center.
Pics from top to bottom: McKae, and Norwich Bulletin reporter Joe Perez and Defs pitching coach Bob Stanley in the derby.
This was my last game for the month of July as I have to work this weekend. I saw 13 games this month with the Defs going 8-5. After 4 months my record for the 40 games I've seen is 18-22. I look real good for beating my personal best in season game attendance of 47 games (done both in '06 & '07) this year going into August. Where did the season go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home