Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, August 22, 2008

THANK YOU Bob. P. and the rest of the Defs staff



for the safe return of my digital camera (Canon Rebel, with a long 75-300 lens that as a package retailed for over a thousand when it first came out) today. Like an idiot I somehow found a way to leave it at my seat at last night's game. The two Aeros pitchers charting the game found it and turned it over to Bob. I thought it was gone for good last night as I thought it was likely stolen from my car when I stopped off to get gas on the way home and had gone into the building for a couple of minutes.
I called the Defs office this morning on the off chance it had dropped out of my duffel bag out in the parking lot. Dale took my info and called me back twice during the day, the last time to tell me it had been found.
When I got to the park tonight next to every employee I saw told me it had been found. Great service, I'm in your debt and now of course I'm rooting for the Aeros in the playoffs.
Thanks again Bob, Dale and everyone involved!!!

As for the game tonight I was there with my wife, (making a rare visit), and our neighbor's daughter (fireworks night) and I really wasn't watching that much. Also it was hondo's last game of the season and I wanted to time with him before that long stretch of time to next April.
Defs lost 3-2 as Joey Martinez didn't get much support and he didn't help himself with an error in the first that lead to an Erie run. Martinez drops to 8-9 with a 2.52 ERA. Julio Cordido finally gets a hit (he's now 1 for 20 in his 2008 Double A return) and Mike Mooney's slump continues as he's 1 for 34 in his last ten games. Announced crowd was just over 6000 as the drive to 200K continues.

Misc game notes: Defs will be wearing uniforms honoring Roberto Clemente Sunday, the last home game of the season. The uniforms are that of the Santurce Crabbers of the LBBPR, Clemente's first pro team.
Pics are Cordido and Martinez

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

greg

did you get to take your granddaughter to any games this season? or did she decide that baseball was boring

4:14 AM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Even though there is over a week left in the season, my nominee for the 3rd annual Jesse Floyd Award is Joey Martinez. If elected, Joe will be enshrined next to the previous winners, GB and Jesse himself.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

bacci--she didn't make any games this season, too busy playing t-ball--her team finished third, she brought over the trophy yesterday to show grandma and grandpa.
Her fav player remains Trey Webb

9:59 AM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

MEA CULPA.............. LAST YEAR WAS A CO-AWARD GB & MATT CAIN

10:02 AM

 
Blogger AR fan said...

Hey Greg,
Trey Webb could be back in CT next season. I liked him too...great with fans. I hope he continues to progress as a pitcher.

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home