Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

2008 season is over....random thoughts follow:


1.) I made a goal for myself at the beginning of the season to post every day and recap every game and except for a bad thunderstorm that knocked me off line for a day in July I met that goal and I'm pretty happy about that.
2.) I'm real happy about the number of in-season "hits" the blog received from April to August this season that numbered about 13,000+, more than double last year's total. I think this blog is kind of unique in the cyber world of minor league baseball blogs and any suggestions you have to improve it would be great.
3.) Looking at the RockCat's 2009 schedule the other day there are about 10 day games scheduled and I hope the Defs throw more in there for 2009 than they did in '08. In today's Courant there was a story on the RockCats and it mentioned that the Eastern League had pushed back the start of the '09 season a week or so in hopes of less bad early season weather and better attendance overall with the season ending in Sept.
4.) Hope the Defs/city fix the; a) bathrooms b) pitch speed display( really, I looked at eBay at one point for a used gun this season) c) the bottom half of the scoreboard d) invest in some paint.
5.) I hope there is a new affiliate next season; I'm burned out on the Giants.
6.) I think Pablo will be something special.
7.) Props to Travis Ishikawa who totally turned my perception of him around with his play this season.
8.) EME made it through the whole season and is now a singles hitter.
9.) To the Defs: bring back the ZOOPERSTARS!!!
10.) To those you stop in here daily--thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Hey Guy,

Only one suggestion for next year,,,,,keep it up.

A couple of comments on your list: 1) Forget the Zooperstars. I saw something recently where they are going big time. Probably price themselves out of this market. 2) Let us hope that never again will we need to mention EME. And one addition; Charlie, hire someone to work your web site or get rid of it. It's virtually useless.

Great work this year Greg. The # of hits speak for the site's quality. If there is a WS party, see you there.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger KRB said...

Greg,
It has been great to come here and get the scoop on games, players and happenings.
It has also been a pleasure to talk to you on the email personal side. Thanks for the picks you sent me in the past and good luck in the future.Thanks for keeping our secret, you are a good man.
My interest in the Giants will be somewhere else next year but I will still have to read your nightly writings.
KRB

12:42 AM

 
Blogger LAYBACK said...

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD THROW THIS OUT THERE---#1, BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DISCUSSED HERE AND #2, BECAUSE THIS BLOG SHOULD BE AWARE OF IT-----------
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED--LAST WEEK---PAGE 178--"INSIDE BASEBALL"----
TALKING ABOUT SOME OF MLB's GM's--
BRIAN SABEAN, GIANTS--
AFTER A GOOD RUN, POOR DRAFTS AND THE ADVANCED AGE OF THE EXISTING ROSTER HAVE TAKEN THEIR TOLL. SOURCES SAT SABEAN's FATE WILL BE DECIDED BY INCOMING MANAGING PARTNER BILL NEUKOM, WHO WILL REPLACE LONG-TIME SABEAN SUPPORTER PETER MAGOWAN.

9:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home