Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Monday, September 15, 2008

Olmo....


Starting Tuesday teams begin to negotiate minor league baseball affiliations. This process goes thru Sept. 30th.
Bookmark inRich.com, the Richmond (VA) newspaper, as the Defenders may end up there in 2010, for the local reporting. Richmond lost their Triple A team and is looking for another minor bb team to replace it. Double A is the best they can hope for and CT. is rumored to be going there.

RIP Ernie Parsons. Ernie passed away at 60 years of age down in VA. His obit was in the New London Day today. I was aware he was ill. Ernie worked up here for EB and when he moved to VA. he put me in touch with his landlord and that became my first ever appartment. My boss knew him from high school and his girlfriend worked with us. This was back in 1977. The address was 46 West Main Street in downtown Mystic on the corner of West Main and Pearl. It was above the then Sunrise Farms store and about three doors down from Mystic Pizza before it became famous. The appartment faced the street and the rent was $140 a month, heat included. The back appt. rent went for $130 (no view). Ernie also passed on to me the beer bash hosting tradition during the annual Mystic Outdoor Art Festive that my back appt. friend Gary and I took up happily for the next 5 years. Where has the time gone? God Bless Ernie.

2 Comments:

Blogger lance aka lc said...

sorry for your loss G. I Sent you a baseball america thing about sandoval.

8:13 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

thanks lc...and thanks for that email. I need to pick up Baseball America more often.
Sandoval is a force batting .330 with 3 HRs and 15 RBIs. TI is doing preety well also--21 for 64 for a .328 BA with 3 HRs and 13 RBIs

11:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home