Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Travis Denker was signed by the Red Sox....

and is playing for Triple A Pawtucket tonight in Rochester, NY. Wonder what the temperature there is tonight? Denker is 1 for 3 as of this writing.
Defs and FisherCats are 0-0 in the sixth.
Got a nice email from Johnny Gill last night who recently found the blog. Johnny was the long time on field host of the Navigators/Defenders and is now working in the front office for the NHL Carolina Hurricanes. Thanks for the kind words Johnny!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle28 said...

Gosh I haven't talked to Johnny in ages, hope he's doing well.

10:42 PM

 
Blogger lance aka lc said...

check jeff natale's numbers against denkers and get back to me. the sox are crazy if they look at denker before jeff. .400 opb lifetime. check his hometown too by the way.

hedrick as the sea dogs closer? off the hook. Even though he had a bad outing I think they'll stay with him. I'd bet you anything Mike Cather had a say in his signing.....
and I see ther thunder have a new pitching coach. smart move.

If I had a franchise I'd go with Machemer as my GM....Dave Clark, Mike Cather, and hensley muelens as my field staff. I'd also have tony arnold and bob stanley as consultants-entourage. Wardell Starling as director of player personnel. Dominican payers would have to kick me an 20 percent salary surcharge for my bar tab, 60percent for venezuelans.

Olmo Rosario would be exempt, and would be flown from game to game in a sikorsy helicopter with a fully staffed stripper pole.

that's great that johnny gill checked in. homeboy has to attend live sporting events as part of his job. bummer, huh?

5:00 AM

 
Blogger Tom Clifton said...

Greg, thanks for the nudge, it go me started on a list of "Where they are now". Of course, my list is SJ Giants centric, but...

Also just found that Kyle Haines is on the Camden RiverSharks Roster.

5:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home