Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The jerseys worn on June 19, 2007...


a 2-1 victory by Portland. The player is John Bowker. There's about ten of these left in the gift shop at Dodd. I picked up #15, I knew it was someone but couldn't remember who worn it. I looked it up the game pictures (I didn't take many that day) and even have a bad picture of the player wearing it--catcher Dayton Buller. And that turns turns out pretty well for me as I spoke to Dayton several times in his time at Dodd and he is a very nice young man. I also got to know his father as well.
They're not the fanciest uniform for sure--but a very affordable piece of franchise history to me.

4 Comments:

Blogger KRB said...

Great pick Greg.

9:33 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

thanks!!!!!!!!

10:49 PM

 
Blogger KRB said...

Is it signed?

12:13 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

no...they were auctioned and only the ones that were bid on were signed and there wasn't a lot of bidding on these jerseys; only a few were auctioned off.

4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home