Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome to a new feature on the blog...

"Blasts from the past," to be known going forward as "BFTP."
I've been taking pictures at Dodd since 2002 and in 2004 started to archive a picture or two of every roster player and I indeed have a player of every player to have played for the franchise.
So as we head towards the end of Double A baseball at Dodd, I'll start posting a few pictures a day of those players to have graced the playing field at Dodd. I'm starting with the 2004 Norwich Navigators team, pitchers first. Enjoy!




Brad went 5-5 in 2004. Started 18 games, threw 101 IP to a 3.56 ERA. He made his MLBB debut with the Giants in '04 going 2-2. Brad is wearing a Giants uniform for Turn back the Clock promo.


Billy went 0-3 in 2004 apppearing in 17 games. Threw 30.1 IP to a 3.86 ERA. He made his MLBB in 2006. I was emailing back and forth with his parents during the '06 season and I remember how happy they were when he was called up.



Alberto appeared in 53 games out of the pen in '04. He had a 6-5 record with 16 saves. 65.2 IP with a 3.56 ERA. This picture was taken on Opening Day. They rarely worn those cream colored home uniforms.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dfensfan said...

I will always remember Albert Montes because of the way he were his hat brim

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home