Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Monday, August 24, 2009

Defs win 9-6 behind Mike McBryde and Sharlon Schoop....

as Mike goes 5 for 5 with two doubles, two runs scored and a RBI. Sharlon hits his third HR of the season and knocks in 3 runs. CT takes three of four from the B-Mets
Dan Runzler gets the win to improve to 3-0 with a 1.08 ERA. Another tough outing for Jesse English as he doesn't get out of the 4th as he gives up 5 runs.

Misc fan notes: I'll be at Dodd the next three games as the RockCats come in for what looks like a preview to the Northern Division playoffs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Batboymeister said...

The Defenders’ magic number to clinch the Northern Division is 8 and 5 to clinch a playoff berth. There could be a chance that I'll be seeing them clinch in Harrisburg this weekend.

12:06 AM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Again the starting pitching stinks. The bullpen has been holding on, but it has to be overtaxed with starters rarely lasting past the fifth inning.

THIS IS WHY I AM NOT THE MANAGER

Decker had me shaking my head last night. Felmy pinch hits for the pitcher, stays in the game, Boyer come out. I'm thinking why not Schoop and Boyer moves to third.Or why does Felmy stay in? So Schoop hits an important Home Run and Felmy, next time up chimes in with a single and keeps a rally going.

So that's why I am not the Mgr, but Deckers moves still have me a bit bewildered.

Anyone notice a young lady who is either wife or friend of a Bingo player in the stands this weekend? What a knockout! Of course I didn't do too much ogling! Just some minor drooling.

8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home