Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Joe Paterson.....



The road grey uniforms are now up for bid on Milb auctions. They all have an opening bid of $75 with S&H charge of $20. A S&H charge of $20 is a total ripoff. US Priority Mail flat rate box is like $8 or something and by contrast I just paid $7 shipping US Mail for a Defs uniform last week from another source.

The blue mesh ones are also on the block with same price points: $75/$20.
How Milb justifies a $20 S&H is beyond crazy when the camo uniform S&H charge was $15 (also a ripoff). I'm emailing them.....

There are no bids on any of the uniforms and bidding ends on Nov. 18 at 3:00 PM

The unsold camos from the first auction are listed with the same price points as before: $60/$15.

Brett Pill's #48 road and blue mesh are not listed which raises an eyebrow with me.

I already have a blue mesh uniform from '06 that is just slightly different than the '08/'09 version so I'm passing on those.

I'm going to have to think this one over....those road greys are pretty sharp but $95?

5 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

$95 for a minor league uni takes away any interest I might have had.

11:52 PM

 
Blogger aj said...

I feel the same way. Just those starting bids are asking a lot, especially in these times, and the outrageous shipping fees just make it worse. I'm still surprised that one of the camos went for almost $250...
I noticed they listed the road and mesh today, was surprised they cost more than the camos and that they raised the shipping rates even higher.
I was hoping to end up with one of the jerseys from 2009 as a souvenir, but I don't think it's going to happen. Way too many more important things need my money right now. The bat I was handed personally after the last game will do just fine. = )

12:01 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Greg, that is pretty weird about Brett's jerseys not being there. Are his the only ones missing?

11:38 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

Kelly--I don't see Brock Bond's #5 or AR's #6 road greys or blue mesh as well

12:27 PM

 
Blogger aj said...

I don't think the #35 jersey (Jackson Williams) was up at all- no camo, no road, no blue mesh. I did notice that Brock's road #5 is also a no-show. The fact that some are among the missing seems odd- wonder if there's a reason behind it?

Just got an email announcing that this is the "last chance" to own one of the jerseys. Wonder if that's for real, or if they're saving the home ones for one more last chance next week...

1:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home