Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Saturday, January 30, 2010

How cold is it?.......



I have this giant parka coat that I picked up for a song at Bob's years ago. It usually sits in the front closet all thru the winter without being worn (hey, it's New England, suck it up)--until Opening Day at Dodd. It is as Hondo has pointed out, the COLDEST park around especailly at night with the wind whipping around the stands and that is when it gets pulled out of the closet and worn--for the first couple of weeks in April.
Well the past few days have been pretty cold and the coat has been in use. And in one of the many hidden zippered pockets I pulled out this treasure; Opening Day stubs from the past four seasons...

6 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

You wimp! My winter coat continues to reside in the closet waiting for opening day in New Britain.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

hondo--keeping the tradition alive!!!....

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Tom Clifton said...

One of the nice things about being banned from the ball park is I don't have to freeze on April nights at Muni.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

Tom---still with the ban??? Would have thoughts things would have settled down by now...

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Tom Clifton said...

Yeah, me too, but I guess that I am more dangerous than I thought.

4:27 PM

 
Blogger thehondohurricane said...

Good bye Mrs. Witter. Greg and I will miss your attempts to correct our thinking. Adam has been released by the Giants, as well as Steve Calicutt, who was here for a cup of coffee.

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home