Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh, another thing.....


a note to our future front office staff....please keep last season's starting times; i.e. 6:30PM for night games Monday-Saturday and 1:00PM for Sunday games. If you want to throw in a random midweek day game (camp day) feel free.
We definitely don't want 4:05 starts on Sundays; they tried that years ago and it didn't work!!
And about that camp day--pack the house and prep for it. I mean reach out to every summer day camp, day care, summer school with 50 miles and offer tickets at a dirt cheap price. The kids spend a ton of money at the food stands anyway and you'll get your money back that way. Also staff all the food stands!!!!
Also a hiring hint--reach out to Andy Pappas, former Defender staffer and a fixture in SE CT to help build area business relations.
Hey, how about those away unis?

From left to right: Flash, Crawford, Maday, McNiven, and D'Alessio.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I always did like those away uniforms!

1:07 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

me too!

2:33 PM

 
Blogger cutterfan said...

Greg- Did you see this article? The comment from the former Oneonta GM makes me very worried about what we can expect from the front office transfers.
http://www.thedailystar.com/localsports/local_story_029041514.html

6:39 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

Cutterfan--saw it; the deal with the beer permit was totally mismanaged!!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger AR fan said...

You know I gotta comment whenever the Flashman makes the blog. Can't wait to see some baseball. Section 11 for you Greg? Or will you change sections for the new club?

8:57 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

AR fan--I'll be at my usual spot...

10:35 PM

 
Blogger Dfensfan said...

I'll have to catch up with some of you guys this season, as I know where to find you this year, as I didn't spot you until one of the last game at Dodd this season, as aforementioned

11:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home