Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, August 13, 2010

"It's a simple game...sometimes you win, sometimes

you lose and sometimes it rains. Think about that."

From the movie Bull Durham.

Add to that sometimes the bus breaks down. That's what happened tonight as the Tigers bus broke down in New York and tonight's game was postponed.

To the front office's credit the fireworks and other fan stuff is going on and everyone gets a free ticket to another game you shows up.

What irks me is that I showed up and was basically turned around in the parking lot without the explanation that the show to some degree was still on and that's true of the cars in front on me and behind me. Some of those folks, including me, would have parked, gotten a free ticket voucher to another game and maybe bought a dog and a beer and hung out for a while. Oh well, the wife is happy to have me home and the Yanks are on....

3 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

The Tigers don't have a plan in place for such happenings? Tonight's opponent has to be pretty ticked off.

7:52 PM

 
Blogger greg8370 said...

why isn't that a forfeit?

8:35 PM

 
Blogger Dfensfan said...

I'll try and see what I can dig up tomorrow for us all. But it is set for a double-header 5:05pm scheduled start time.

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home