Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Friday, September 10, 2010

The hat dance...






Ok, most baseball fans and players develop superstions of some sort. I have several and one involves the cap I'm wearing at Dodd.
The cap on the left is a brand new Connecticut Tigers cap made by New Era. It is sold as a batting practice cap, it has a stretch head ban and it seems to be the choice of many fans over the traditional fitted game cap with the white lettered Old English "C."
The Defenders cap on the right is one the club gave away in 2008 if you signed up for a voucher plan. It's been worn heavily ever since; three baseball seasons at Dodd, the outdoor stuff I do, etc., etc.. I do my daily workouts with it on now (another post for another time). It's dirty, sweat stained and disgusting and it's been like that for some time now. Somehow my wife puts up with me wearing it as long as I'm not with her. This is in constrast to her stand on the Navigators cap I'm pictured wearing on my blog profile at the top of this page. That one, equally disgusting as the Defenders one, is on permant hiatus in the back of the closet.
Anyway I saw 20 Tigers games this past season. They were 13-7 in those games. 11 of those wins came with the Defs cap on. The one game I worn the Tigers cap, and this was during the playoff run, they lost. I quickly changed caps believing I was the cause for the loss and with the Defs cap on, they won two of the next 3 games.
Anyway my plan is to wear the Tigers cap for the first 5 games or so in 2011 and we'll see howthe cap is doing in terms of wins and losses. Hope they win.. I do like the way it looks...
Anyone care to share some ballpark superstitions? Meanwhile enjoy some Stevie Wonder...

2 Comments:

Blogger Batboymeister said...

Every time I wear my Tigers BP cap, they lose. Every time I wear the game cap, they win. I think this must've happened during our trip to Cooperstown. I switched the BP cap into the game cap in the middle of the 6th inning at Double Day Field. Tigers haven't been winning after I did some fixing on my BP cap recently. From now on, I will be wearing my BP cap through out the entire offseason and into the 2011 season. Hopefully it'll still be the CT Tigers in the next 10 to 15 years from now.

4:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aubrey huff has taken to wearing a pair of stretch run thongs that have papi written in rhinestones across the front

i love that guy...he is totally nuts

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home