Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Yankees Stadium...




ARFan sent me a baseball book last year and basically got me reading about the sport again after quite a long hiatus away. Since this summer (hey it's still summer--first day of fall is Thursday) I've been just devouring baseball books.
I just finished "WrigleyWorld" by Kevin Kadul. The then 26 year old author quits his job and moves a couple of blocks away from the ivy walls and chronicles his adventures around the park and the Cubs during the 2005 season. A very easy and quick read. I suddenly want to visit Wrigley Field..
I'm now on "The Big Bam" by Leigh Montville a book about Babe Ruth that is starting off very well.
If you looking for bargin books go to Amazon.com and if you're in my neck of the woods the Book Barn in Niantic where you can just totally kill an afternoon browsing (like we did yesterday). Also they will buy your used books there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home