Thoughts and pictures of my local minor league baseball team the New York Penn League Connecticut Tigers; a Detriot farm team. We'll still be looking at former Navigators/Defenders players along the way....

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Former Navs Kevin Correia beats the Mets...


last night to become the first MLBB pitcher to win 8 games. Oddly, I don't have any pics of him with the Navs in 2003 (he was 6-6 in 14 games before going to Fresno) I guess I kept missing his starts...

I'm a Yankees fan and sometimes wonder if I had to root for another MLBB team which would it be? In the AL I'd go with the Royals (that would have been a good farm system to roll into Dodd) or the Twins because of the RockCats.

Maybe now in the NL I'd go with the Pirates because of the mix guys they have; young guys and castoffs, like Correia, Neil Walker, Bowker, Andew McCutchen etc...
Anyway Pirates play the Mets this afternoon on SNY if you're looking for a game on a light MLBB schedule today...

1 Comments:

Blogger thehondohurricane said...

I too lean a bit towards the Pirates because of a '06, '07, or '08 series between Altoona & the Defs. In 3 games, McCutchen, Walker & Steve Pearce wore out the fences at Dodd. Greg & I were in the middle of another defense of Dodd with those A-Holes in SF. I've since kept track of te 3 players and two of them are regulars & Pearce is PT.

I think they had something like 6 Doubles, 3 triples, & 4 H/R's in those 3 games. Needless to say, Altoona swept the series. Neil Walker was most impressive,

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home